NLSIR ONLINE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
NLSIR is the flagship law journal of the National Law School of India University, Bangalore. In its 35th year now, the NLSIR is a bi-annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed law journal, which holds the unique distinction of being the first Indian student-run law journal to be cited by the Supreme Court of India twice – first, in its decision in Action Committee, Unaided Private Schools v. Director of Education, and second, in the Supreme Court’s landmark judgment, Justice K.S. Puttaswamy v. Union of India, which established the Fundamental Right to Privacy in India.
Over the years, the NLSIR has sought to provide incisive legal scholarship on issues at the forefront of contemporary legal discourse. NLSIR Online was launched as a step forward in this direction. This platform is intended to be a forum for regular engagement with contemporary legal developments.
- All contributions submitted to the NLSIR Online should be original, and should not have any plagiarized content.
- The author(s) must confirm that the article is not under simultaneous consideration for publication elsewhere (online or print).
- Submissions must be approximately between 1500 to 3000 words long.
- NLSIR Online is flexible regarding the word count depending on the quality of the submission.
- Please go through our submission guidelines and policies on our website.
- The body of the article should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- All sources should be hyperlinked in the body of the article and not footnoted. Only if such hyperlinking is not possible (such as in the case of books or academic articles), should footnotes (and not endnotes) be used. Citations must conform to OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) (4th edn.) style of citation.
- Authors are required to adhere to the NLSIR Style Guide which can be found here.
Submissions must be made through a form, which can be accessed here. Please note that submissions made through email will not be considered. All submissions must contain the following:
- The article in a .doc or .docx format.
- The document should contain the Name of the author, Professional Information, Title of the manuscript, and Contact information.
- We accept rolling submissions.
- Upon submission, every article will undergo two internal reviews by the Board of Editors. It may be sent back for revisions – major or minor, and an edited version will be reviewed again.
- We hope to update authors on the submission within 2-3weeks of their submission.